Monday, December 8, 2008

Finals week.... Blah!!!

This semester is my very first time being a "full time" student. I have always taken around 9 credits. This time I took 12. Yes its only one class more, but it made a huge differance! Coming home from the mission, and then going straight into school was weird, and hard! So I took communications, Microbiology,Art 1010, and Nutrition. Last week I had 3 communication tests to take all before friday!( that was because i procrastinated) Then I had a presentation to give about Stem Cells, and i couldn't read my notes as i did it. At first I didn't even know what stem cells were.. i thought maybe something in a plant?? So I had to do tons of research on that. Then I had an outline, and a final essay due! I was a wreck all week long. Seriously i never saw my family. I woke up went to school, studied for 2 hours then I went to work, got off work then studied some more. But i have learned some useful things from this past week. I'll share them with you!
#1 Crocs aren't very thick and tacs on the ground will go through them, and go into your foot. ( true story, it happened while I was walking to class, i sat on the ground and got it out as people stared)
#2 The top floor bathroom in the library really is haunted( i promise) And it looks like the bathroom from Harry Potter the one with Mrytle in it. Oh and it smells!
#3 Studying by a window in not a good idea..It's easy to get distracted and people watch.
#4 The institute library is a good place to take a little nap. But when you do it, make sure you don't lean on your binder because it leaves lines on your face and people will notice and stare.
#5 Oranges are not a good snack while reading because the juice gets all over the library books.
#6 Their are computers on the top floor that noone knows about! Use them!
#7 The movie "Sassy Girl" is lame so don't rent it. ( Sierra and i needed a break on Saturday so we rented it, the whole time we waited for a plot, or purpose and never found one. It was the weirdest movie ever! )
#8 Get lots of sleep.
#9 Sometimes you get so tired from the studying that your emotions get out of wack, and you'll find youself crying when you hear songs like "christmas shoes" or cry when you see the salvation army bell ringers outside of walmart.

Well thats all the important facts I can think of right now!

I still have a test on Wed, Thurs and a final paper die by Wed. I am tired, and I am sick of the libray, and campus. BUT I know i'll make it through! But keep me in your prayers! :)

4 comments:

Michael and Julie said...

I LOVE your lists! They make me laugh, smile and remember. (Even if I wasn't there!) Your fountain of knowledge has not ceased since returning home to reality, and like always, I always learn something from you - like 'don't buy crocs'.

I love you.

Good luck on your tests!

Sierra said...

Dumbest movie ever! I warned everyone I know... Keep up the good work! You're almost done :-)

Brooke said...

I am so happy that you cried over Christmas Shoes and the Salvation Army bell ringer!

JMe said...

Yeah, since when have you become a list person?? Don't worry, I cry everytime I hear that stupid Christmas Shoes song, although I have yet to break down at the sight of a bell ringer at Walmart...you are a WEIRDO.

P.S. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR MY (early) BIRTHDAY PRESENT! You are the BEST WEIRD sister EV-ER!